Sunday, March 18, 2007

Blog # 2

I believe that over the course of time people reminisce of their lives the events that once occurred and when they write memoirs to explain that to the audience, the addition of detail may be a part of their struggle to delineate the complexities in their life. However, in this case when reading Glassco, he did not use instances to explain the predicaments in his life but he coined new ones to draw empathy from the audience. Frey utilized fabrication of details and events to receive recognition. On the other hand even though Grew Owl was British, maybe he really felt as to be a Canadian born first nations author. I feel that just because a person is born in a certain territory or country doesn’t mean that they are of that origin. I could be born in Afghanistan but if as a child I’ve spent over 20 years in Canada, I would feel Canadian at heart.

No comments: